An 18 Metre fast wind farm service catamaran for wind farm support and crew transport. Aft wheelhouse design creating a very large foredeck for cargo carrying and efficient equipment transfer.
Download Vessel Specification
- June 2011 - South Boats, Cowes UK
- UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice Category 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with up to 12 passengers.
- Main Engines
- 2 x MTU 8V2000 M72, each providing 965HP at 2100 rpm, driving through ZF 2000 series gearboxes to oversized Ultra Dynamics UJ 575 jets for maximum low down thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- Bollard Pull
- 24 knots
- Tank Capacities
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS Compasses, GPS, GMDSS A1, 2 x VHF (1 x DSC), 2 x Radars, Electronic chart display, Echosounder, NAVTEX, Telephone, AIS, email and internet access, windspeed indicator, MOB Location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 14 in total with sprung safety seats, footrests, storage areas, ‘wet’ lobby area, WC, shower, galley. Two bunks below, Eberspacher heating, air conditioning and double glazing.
- Included Equipment
- Specially developed MK IV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung fastening for ‘give’ when landing, and built out ‘nib’ that fits between the boat landing piles locating the boat and providing a shorter step off distance to the ladder, from a bow platform with safety rails. Onan silenced keel cooled 13.5Kva generator set. Palfinger PK6500M hydraulic crane with capacity 3140kg @ 2.6m to 530kg @ 9.6m. Spencer Carter hydraulic 1T capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV system to monitor engine rooms, forward and aft deck. Night vision camera. 3 x LCD TV's.