A 15m aft wheelhouse high speed wind farm service catamaran for wind farm support and crew transport.
Download vessel specification
- 2009 - South Boats, Cowes UK.
- UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice Category 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with up to 12 passengers.
- Main Engines
- 2 x Scania D16 42M, each 748 BHP at 2100 rpm, driving through twin disc MGX quick shift transmissions to oversized Ultra Dynamics
UJ 451 jets for maximum low down thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- 27 knots maximum to provide 20 knot cruising.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3640 litres
- Fresh Water Capacity
- 200 litres
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS Compasses, GPS, GMDSS A1, 2 x VHF (1 x DSC), 2 x Radars, Electronic chart display, Echosounder, NAVTEX, Telephone, AIS,
email and internet access, windspeed indicator, MOB Location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Aft wheelhouse giving large foredeck area for cargo carrying and efficient
cargo transfer to turbines. Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 14
in total with sprung safety seats, footrests, storage areas, WC, shower, galley,
- Included Equipment
- Specially developed MK IV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung
fastening for 'give' when landing, and built out 'nib' that fits between the boat landing piles locating the boat and providing a shorter
step off distance to the ladder, from a bow platform with safety rails. Onan silenced, keel cooled 7Kva generator set. Palfinger hydraulic
crane forward with capacity 1130kg @ 3.6m to 200kg @ 12.5m. Spencer Carter hydraulic capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV system
to monitor engine rooms, forward and aft deck.