16 Metre high speed wind farm support and crew transport vessel.
Download Vessel Specification
- 2011 - Buckie Shipyard, UK
- UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with 12
passengers and 3 crew.
- Main Engines
- 2 x Scania D16 43M 800bhp each, driving through twin disc MGX quick shift
transmissions to oversized Ultra Dynamics UJ452 jets for maximum low down thrust
when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- Bollard Pull
- 26 knots
- Fuel Capacity
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS compassed, GPS, GMDSS A1, 2 x VHF (1 x DSC), 2 x radars,
electronic chart display, echosounder, NAVTEX, telephone, AIS class A, email and
internet access, windspeed indicator, MOB location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Central wheelhouse giving large foredeck area and aft deck areas for cargo
carrying and efficient cargo transfer. Individual crew and passenger seating for
up to 15, with sprung safety seats, footrests, storage areas, WC, shower,
galley, air coniditioning and double glazing.
- Specially developed MK lV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber
fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung fastening for give when
landing. Built out 'nib' fits between boat and landing piles, locating the
boatand providing a shorter step off distance to the turbine ladder, from a bow
platform with safety rails. Onan silenced keel cooled 9.5Kva genset. Palfinger
hydraulic crane with capacity 1130kg @ 3.6m to 200kg @ 12.5m. Spence Carter
hydraulic capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV system monitoring engine
rooms, forward and aft deck, night vision camera and deck jet wash. Fuel loading
system with high head pump and reel.