An 18m DNV Class high speed wind farm service catamaran for wind farm support
and crew transport.
Download Vessel Specification
- 2011 - South Boats, Cowes UK
- DNV Classification 1A1.R2.LC.Crew. UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice Category 2,
up to 60 miles from safe haven with up to 12 passengers.
- Main Engines
- 2 x MTU 8V2000 M72, each providing 965BHP at 2100 rpm, driving through ZF 2050
series gearboxes to oversized Ultra Dynamics UJ 575 jets for maximum low down
thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- Bollard Pull
- 25 knots
- Tank Capacities
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS Compasses, GPS, GMDSS A1, 2 x VHF (1 x DSC), 2 x Radars,
Electronic chart display, Echosounder, NAVTEX, Telephone, AIS, email and
internet access, windspeed indicator, MOB Location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 14 in total with sprung
safety seats, footrests, storage areas, ‘wet’ lobby area, WC, shower, galley.
Two bunks below, Eberspacher heating.
- Included Equipment
- Specially developed MK IV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber
fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung fastening for ‘give’
when landing, and built out ‘nib’ that fits between the boat landing piles
locating the boat and providing a shorter step off distance to the ladder, from
a bow platform with safety rails. Onan silenced keel cooled 13.5Kva generator
set. Palfinger PK6500M hydraulic crane with capacity 3140kg @ 2.6m to 530kg @
9.6m. Spencer Carter hydraulic 1T capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV
system to monitor all areas and engines. Night vision camera. 3 x flatscreen
TV's with DVD player in passenger area. Fuel transfer pumps.