18 Metre high speed wind farm service catamaran for crew transfers and wind farm support.
Download vessel specification
- August 2010 - South Boats, Cowes UK
- UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice Category 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with
up to 12 passengers.
- Main Engines
- 2 x MTU 8V2000 M72, each providing 965HP at 2100 rpm, driving through ZF 2000
series gearboxes to oversized Ultra Dynamics UJ 525 jets for maximum low down
thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- 24 knots maximum to provide 20 knots cruising
- Tank Capacities
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS Compasses, GPS, GMDSS A1, 2xVHF (1xDSC), 2 x Radars, Electronic
chart display, Echosounder, NAVTEX, Telephone, AIS, email and internet access,
windspeed indicator, MOB Location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 14 in total with sprung safety
seats, footrests, storage areas, ‘wet’ lobby area, WC, shower, galley. Two bunks
below, Eberspacher heating.
- Included Equipment
- Specially developed MK IV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber
fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung fastening for ‘give’
when landing, and built out ‘nib’ that fits between the boat landing piles
locating the boat and providing a shorter step off distance to the ladder, from
a bow platform with safety rails. Onan silenced keel cooled 13.5Kva generator
set. Palfinger PK6500M hydraulic crane with capacity 3140kg @ 2.6m to 530kg @
9.6m. Spencer Carter hydraulic 1T capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV
system to monitor engine rooms, forward and aft deck. Night vision camera.