20m DNV Class high speed wind farm service catamaran for wind farm support and crew transport.
Download vessel specification
- June 2009 - South Boats, Cowes UK.
- UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice Category 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with up to 12 passengers. DNV Classification 1A1.R2.LC.Crew.
- Main Engines
- 2 x MAN D 2842 LE410 EDC, each 1,100 BHP at 2100 rpm, driving through twin disc MGX quick shift transmissions to oversized Ultra
Dynamics UJ 575 jets for maximum low down thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- 27 knots maximum to provide 22 knot cruising.
- Fuel Capacity
- 10,000 litres
- Fresh Water Capacity
- 400 litres
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS Compasses, GPS, DGPS, GMDSS A2, 2 x VHF DSC, 1 x MF DSC, 2 x Radars, Electronic chart display, Echosounder, NAVTEX,
Telephone, AIS, email and internet access, windspeed indicator, MOB Location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 12 with sprung safety seats, footrests, storage areas, extra lounge areas
with tables, WC, shower, galley, two x 2 person en suite cabins below, Eberspacher heating and air conditioning.
- Included Equipment
- Specially developed MK IV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung
fastening for 'give' when landing, and built out 'nib' that fits between the boat landing piles locating the boat and providing a shorter
step off distance to the ladder, direct from main deck. Onan silenced, keel cooled 17.5Kw generator set. Palfinger hydraulic crane
with capacity 2160kg @ 4.4m to 330kg @ 16.3m. Spencer Carter hydraulic capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV system to monitor
all areas, fuel transfer hose, high pressure jet wash system, 6 tonnes deck capacity with deck lockers, 3 x LCD TV's, DVD and Wi-Fi.