An 18m DNV Class high speed wind farm service catamaran for wind farm support and crew transport.
Download vessel specification
- January 2012 - South Boats, UK
- DNV Classification 1A1.HSLC.R2 Wind Farm Service 1. UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice Category 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with up to 12 passengers.
- Main Engines
- 2 x MTU 8V2000 M72, each providing 965BHP at 2100 rpm, driving through ZF 2050 series gearboxes to oversized Ultra Dynamics UJ 575 jets for maximum low down thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- 23 knots
- Fuel Capacity
- 6000 litres
- FW Capacity
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS Compasses, GPS, GMDSS A1, 2 x VHF (1 x DSC), 2 x Radars, Electronic chart display, Echosounder, NAVTEX, Telephone, AIS, email and internet access, windspeed indicator, MOB Location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 12 passengers with sprung safety seats, footrests, storage areas, ‘wet’ lobby area, WC, shower, galley, eberspacher heating, double glazing and a resiliently mounted wheelhouse for increased comfort and reduced noise levels.
- Included Equipment
- Specially developed Ocean3 bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung fastening for ‘give’ when landing, and built out ‘nib’ that fits between the boat landing piles locating the boat and providing a shorter step off distance to the ladder, from a bow platform with safety rails. Onan silenced 13.5Kva generator set. Spencer Carter hydraulic 1T capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV system to monitor all areas and engines. Night vision camera. 3 x flatscreen TV's with DVD player in passenger area. Fuel transfer pumps.